General Registration Policies
- Players whose registrations are received after the “closing” date of each season will be placed on waiting lists until space becomes available on teams in their respective age groups.
- There is NO multiple child discount when submitting registration in any manner other than in person at the designated registration times.
- All division 4 (recreational) teams are formed on as even a basis as possible, taking into account the players’ school, age, etc. The Redding Youth Soccer League does NOT accept parent requests for player’s team placement.
- All players wishing to participate on a division 3 team MUST participate in at least one try-out.
- All registration submitted in any manner except in person at the designated registration times, will be subject to a $10 handling fee if it is incorrect or missing any of the required items. If the registration is incomplete, it will be returned to you with a request for the additional fee and a checklist of the missing items.
- Minimal overpayments of registration fees ($5-$20) will not be returned, but will be deemed a “donation” to the league. Please check dates and amounts carefully.
- Returned (bounced) checks will incur an additional handling fee of $20 and must be made good with a bank check or money order. We will not re-deposit checks or take a new personal check for your child’s registration. Unpaid registration will cause your child to be removed fromhis/her team.
RYSL Division 4 Team Formation Policy (Approved March 2008)
The Redding Youth Soccer League forms its Division 4 (recreation) teams in accordance with the California Youth Soccer Association Team Formation Policies. In essence those policies require us to form teams that are as balanced as possible. In keeping with those policies, we try to group players by area and/or schools as much as possible.
RYSL also allows head coaches to “request” up to four players (including his/her own child) to be placed onto his/her team. HOWEVER this is not a guarantee that these players will be on that team as we have to satisfy other team formation qualifications.
Military Service Discount Policy (Approved March 2008)
Children of active duty military personnel will play at no cost within RYSL (registration fee only).
RYSL Recreation Registration Fee Refund Policy (Revised August 2012)
General Registration Fee Refund Policy
At its convenience, the Redding Youth Soccer League will refund recreation player registration fees to the player’s parent/guardian when that request is made in a timely manner AND prior to the refund request deadline (Fall season: July 1; Spring season: March 1). Requests MUST be submitted via the form (found here) or in writing via US mail containing the necessary information (Player’s name, Parent’s name, Player’s birthdate and the Reason for Request). Email requests will NOT be accepted.
Definitions and exceptions to the policy
Registration Fee: The amount actually paid — regardless of the posted amount and net of any sibling discounts — shall be the only amount subject to refund. Any fees imposed for improperly submitted registration paperwork or online registration convenience fees are not subject to refund.
No RYSL team available in age group: While RYSL will make every effort to find a place for every player who registers to play, we occasionally have cases where no team will exist in a particular age/gender group. In those rare cases, RYSL will automatically process a refund of registration fees for those players. Taking into account the Division 3 policy shown above, refund may not be 100%.
RYSL “Mail-In Registration” Policy (Approved March 2006)
General Mail-in Policy
The Redding Youth Soccer League will impose no additional fees for on-time, properly submitted player registrations that are submitted via postal mail. On-time to be defined as those registrations postmarked prior to the “close of registration” (typically 3-4 days after the last in person registration).
Registrations submitted via postal mail, on-time but incomplete (missing signatures, pictures, etc), will be returned with a letter noting the deficiency. Additionally, this letter will inform the applicant they are now subject to an additional handling fee of $10. Upon return of the completed paperwork, with the additional fee, the player will be then placed into the process (either into the “pile” or onto the waiting list depending on timing).
Registrations submitted via postal mail will NOT be eligible for multi-player family discounts. Those discounts shall ONLY apply during in-person registrations and are intended as an additional incentive to attract volunteers at the in-person dates.
To aid those that signup via postal mail, the registration form provided on the website will also include a checklist of things to include. This was implemented in late February 2006.
- Board of Directors Meeting on June 03 2013 06:00 PM
@ Angelo's Pizza, California Street
in 14 days and 09:58 hours.
- Board of Directors Meeting on July 08 2013 06:00 PM
@ Angelo's Pizza, California Street
in 49 days and 09:58 hours.